Monday, March 26, 2007

They have survived

They survived the night!!! Every time I woke up to feed them (actually I didn't go to bed until 3, and then got up to help my son feed them at 4) I expected to find at least one dead kitten. But their lust for life is stronger (so far) than my inexperienced attempts at helping them. I still draw the line at massaging their tushies to help them make (Avi said in a moment of 'whatever you say dad, just let me keep them, please, please, huh, huh, won't you?' that he would help their digestive system to function properly. I've no idea what their life expectancy is now, but so far so good.
Someone pointed out to me that all the great Jewish leaders (including Moshe) were chosen because of their care and dedication at looking after animals (usually sheep). I don't know what that means, but if there is any demand for leadership with qualifications in one night with kittens you can call Avi.
If anyone would like some orphan kittens you are welcome to have them.
If you remember the first Rocky movie you will know all about survivor:

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive

chorus

Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

(Ring any bells).

I just hope their end is better than the end of this clip about survival:


No comments:

Post a Comment