Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Grumpy Old Man vs the Racist

OK, I'm not very happy. It is 2:30am and I have been woken up AND kicked out of bed by two of my daughters (independently). So I am tired and grumpy.

I came to check what is going on in blogland (I know - blogosphere, right?). For some reason this blog caught my eye (on the 'new post' or whatever it is called section of blogger) The World Can't Wait who was posting as 'Zionism is Terrorism' caught my eye. (Actually I am going back now to remove the link because I don't want him to get any traffic from me, and I don't want to show up on his back links.)

He has several sites comparing 'Zionists' (of course that means Jews) to Nazis, blaming Jews for the World Trade Center, and accusing Jews of being Satanists.

The complete list of his blogs reads as follows: (from his profile which I don't mind linking to)

If you are afraid to speak against tyranny, then you are already a slave
Facts not Fairies
Revelations
Arm Yourself With The Weapons of Mass Education
Zionism is Terrorism
Synagogue of Satan
This is zionism

I know there are people out there who believe all sorts of things, and I suppose I believe in freedom of expression, but I am also fairly sure that his stuff violates blogger's terms of agreement. For example, their Content Policy states taht the following material is unaccepatable:

HATEFUL CONTENT: Users may not publish material that promotes hate toward groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity.

VIOLENT CONTENT: Users may not publish direct threats of violence against any person or group of people.


I think our user is violating these policies!

There is a 'flag' button on the top of the navbar to allow readers to mark objectionable content. In theory, eventually, the blog could be pulled, or at least marked so that people don't get there by accident. It is against bloggers terms and conditions to remove this navbar.

But, you guessed it, our friend is smart enough to doctor the code so that there is now no way of flagging him. Therefore he must be legit!

I can't find any 'contact us' button on the blogger site (it is probably right there, but I am a man (and men can never find things), and it is now 3:00 in the morning).

So I ask you, my readers,

HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS GUY WHO IS PEDDLING HATE AND RACISM ON BLOGGER?

Answers on a postcard please. Or on a message. Or by e-mail. Or, just go and sort out the issue yourself and let me go back to bed.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment