Friday, March 23, 2012

Lord Jakobovits on Sacrifices

This week we begin the book of Vayikra (Leviticus). The first few parshiyot deal with various kinds of sacrifices. Slaughtering animals for religous rites is a concept which is quite foreign to us today. (See ParshaBlog on Ibn Caspi's view on sacrifices.)

In the 1990 edition of the Singer Siddur (Authorised Daily Prayer Book) there is an article by Chief Rabbi Jacobiwits on the meaning of animal sacrifices. Since this edition of the siddur is now out of print, and I didn't find this on the internet, so I have scanned my copy for anyone who is interested. (If I have infringed copyright or anything else please let me know).

So here are scans of "Some Thought on Animal Sacrifices in Judaism - Probings into a psycho-religious drama"






No comments:

Post a Comment